Common HVAC System Problems that Require Immediate Repair
Posted in HVAC on June 6, 2018
The HVAC system in your home is one of the largest investments you’ll make. Today, advancements in HVAC technologies have extended the service life for well-maintained systems to last between 10 and 30 years.
Although some homeowners may hesitate when their HVAC starts to make strange noises or has a decrease in capacity to cool the home, these are common signs it’s time to call in an expert to investigate and check out your system. Some companies offer emergency HVAC repair in Johns Creek, GA, and are available 24/7.
The following issues are warning signs that your HVAC system is experiencing problems and needs immediate repairs:
- If you smell chemical or other odors coming from the HVAC system, call 911.
- If you see smoke coming from your HVAC unit, call 911.
- Screeching noises could indicate issues with the blower assembly or motor. They could also indicate there is debris caught in the blower blades. Leave the repair to a pro.
- Hot and cold spots throughout your home mean there are airflow issues. Not only can this increase your utility bills, it could mean that there are additional issues with your system.
- Decreased amounts of air or warm air blowing out of the vents most likely indicate your compressor has failed.
- Refrigerant leaks should be dealt with as soon as possible because refrigerant can damage the environment. A technician can check for the location of the leaks and repair them.
- Leaky ducts accompanied by air flow issues could mean that your system was installed incorrectly, which may indicate there are additional issues with your system. Have it checked out as soon as possible to avoid more serious issues later.
- Corroded wires and terminals could lead to electrical issues and even a fire. Call in an experienced HVAC repair service in Johns Creek, GA, as soon as possible.
- If you’ve had numerous repairs on your system during a short amount of time, it may be time to simply replace the unit.
Any problem that seems minor could be an early indicator of more serious problems. A failed air conditioner in the hot summer months can be dangerous for you and your family. If it’s been years since you had your system inspected, call in an HVAC repair company in Johns Creek, GA, to perform a full system check and perform any maintenance needed.